Thursday, September 27, 2007

Top Ten Food Books for Cooks

So C found a link on the internet today about The Top 10 Food Books Every Chef Should Own

Now these are Food books, not Cookbooks, but I was thrilled to see that I've read a few, have a few more on order at the library and now have a few more to add to my list. The ones I've already read are in green.

Top 10 Food Books (not Cookbooks) That Every Chef Should Own (in random order)

  1. On Food & Cooking -- Harold McGee
  2. The Art of Eating -- MFK Fisher
  3. Kitchen Confidential -- Anthony Bourdain
  4. It Must've Been Something I Ate -- Jeffrey Steingarten
  5. Tender at the Bone -- Ruth Reichl
  6. The Tummy Trilogy -- Calvin Trillin
  7. The Omnivore's Dilemma -- Michael Pollan
  8. Down and Out in Paris and London -- George Orwell
  9. Heat -- Bill Buford
  10. The Physiology of Taste -- Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

No comments: